Bill Leinweber, NDRI President and CEO, was recently elected to the Association of Organ Procurement Organizations (AOPO) Foundation Board of Directors. The newly formed AOPO Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to advancing research in the field of organ donation and transplantation. The organization is specifically focused on organ procurement organization (OPO) advancement.
The Foundation Board members began their term on January 1, 2023.
Other AOPO Foundation Board Members include:
- Tasha Flowers, CPA, CGMA, Director of Finance, ARORA
- Kyle Herber, President and CEO, Live on Nebraska
- Marty Sellers, Organ Recovery Surgeon, Tennessee Donor Services
- Suzanne Conrad, CEO, Iowa Donor Networ
- Lori Markham, COO, Midwest Transplant Network
- Joe Nespral, CEO, Texas Organ Sharing Alliance (TOSA)
- Tom Mone, CEO, OneLegacy
- Mike Moritz, MD, Medical Director, Gift of Life Donor Program
“I am honored to serve on the AOPO Foundation Board of Directors and contribute to the organization’s efforts to support research in the field of organ donation and transplantation,” says Leinweber. “NDRI has worked in partnership with OPOs for decades to advance biomedical research and I look forward to being of service to the Foundation’s mission.”